Monday, April 19, 2010

Confessional


Ok, so I thought that I might have a regular thing for the blog - where I confess to things. Some things may be shameful, some things may not. You will have to tune in to find out.

We'll start things off slow...

Until last Saturday morning I have never - EVER - eaten marmalade. In my 27 years on this earth I have resoundingly refused to eat, touch or think about marmalade. It may have been that as a child I associated it completely with being an adult and enjoying adult-like breakfast foods, like porriage and coffee and kippers on toast, whereas all I wanted was a bowl of Frosties or Ready Brek and some Kulana juice.

So Saturday morning as I had some tea and toast with my dad I reached for the marmalade jar on the kitchen table. I decided that it was time to join the world of adult taste buds. I spread it pretty thinly on my toast and bit in, and do you know what. It wasn't so bad. Now I don't think that I would be getting up in the middle of the night to enjoy some but if marmalade was offered I might not say no the next time.

Althought the whole peel issue still has me thrown.

Are there any foods that you hated as a child that you still won't eat, even though you don't know what they taste like? Why?

3 comments:

  1. hee I am just getting over a lot of my childhood food prejudices. Until just a couple years ago I refused pickles, onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Now I totally love them! (Well, except the pickles. They're still growing on me. I can't eat more than one or two at a sitting.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still working on the tomato issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I has many things I have refused to eat since I was a wee pup. Mostly vegetables.... in fact only vegetables :P

    Hate tomato's but love ketchup, what does that say about ketchup I always wonder.

    Oddly enough I have also got one backwards. I used to be happy out if you handed me some raw broccoli when I was a kid but I can't stand the stuff now o.O

    ReplyDelete