Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Beautiful Ombre


I am giving serious thoughts to dying my hair for the summer months and I am really loving the idea of ombre. Since my own hair colour is black I probably wouldn't go for the brown to blonde option that seems to be doing the rounds, a la Alexia, but would maybe try going from a very dark brown to caramel. I really think that this hair colour suits wavy or curly hair so much better than straight. The texture really helps to give life to the colour and stops it looks quite so artificial.

What do you think? Do you think that it's just another hair trend, and one that has already had it's day? Or do you think it has thoughts of summer, and beach, and all things lovely still attached? 

5 comments:

  1. Do it! I really want to but i couldn't pull it off so it'd allow me to live vicarously through you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, but it might be difficult to lighten your hair colour. I've black hair too and I'm going through great pains to lighten it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @kate and thehostess - I getting very very tempted

    @hermia - I know, lightening dark hair is such a pain in the backside but I wonder if it'll all be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer's the perfect time to make a change, go for it!

    ReplyDelete