Thursday, June 30, 2011

Things I Love Thursday


Hello 80's - I've been reminiscing with movies from my childhood lately. Were you a 'Lost Boys' (1987) and 'Heathers' (1988) kinda person, all dark and tortured, too much backcombing and eyeliner or were you 'The Breakfast Club' (1985) and 'Ferris Buellers Day Off' (1986) - troublesome but lovable, denim jacket and scrunched up socks? I was a Ghostbusters, Princess Bride, Indiana Jones, Beetlejuice, Spaceballs, Coming to America kinda girl, just a little bit of everything, and still am. 


Things on Toast - Everything automatically tastes better when you put it on toast. Scrambled eggs, baked beans, melted cheese, grilled bacon, honey and banana, even humble old butter and jam. I remember being a kid and jam sandwiches just seemed mean and tasteless, but jam on toast - warm melting butter, sticky jam, all yummy and comforting. What a great plan!


A Harsh Reality - Being single has it's perks - not having to share that last piece of cake, no one telling you to hurry up when getting ready, the whole bed to yourself, but it has some huge drawbacks too. I miss being touched... get your head out of the gutter now... just the general he walks past you and brushes his hand across your lower back kinda touching, the you're sitting on the couch and he picks up your feet and puts them on his lap kinda touching. I suppose it's really called intimacy, and I miss it. 

Honourable Mentions - surprise visits, spotted teapots and Very Berry herbal tea, up styles, messy buns, smokey eyes and emerald green toe nails, finding any reason to inject glamour into the day - hats at noon, patent shoes and costume jewellery, waking up to two new followers this morning (edging ever closer to 100 - a giveaway is promised), striped jumpers and knee high socks, reading an entire series of books and loving them   

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post
    I love all the above things too!
    I'm in a long distance relationship and I struggle with the intimacy thing too, the comfort and reassurance of a warm touch is immeasurable

    ReplyDelete