Thursday, June 23, 2011

Things I Love Thursday


Black Tie Baby - This weekend I have my first ever black tie wedding to attend. Awfully excited about it all. I have it narrowed down to two outfits - a strapless black linen and knit, ruched, full length dress or a black halterneck, wide leg jumpsuit. Both have the same shoes, bag and jewellery so I really can wait until the last minute to decide. Oh and I have the most amazing head piece to wear. A friend of my mums custom made it to match my accessories - it is the most amazing piece I have ever seen. I promise to have some photos next week.


Growing Up Time - I had this discussion with some friends over the past few weeks... We are finally adults - up until very recently I have never received an invitation to a whole wedding, with the exception of one friend from my college days in Cork (D & MC, I had a fab day). Now a whole wedding to me means that you have friends who are adult enough to get married hence you are also a grown up to even know them. A few years ago I went to a rash of weddings but they were all connected with Mr T and his friends and family. This year it is my turn. Two months, three weddings, two 'plus one's' and a bridesmaids dress. This might just mean that I'm not a kid anymore.


Summer Season - Two words 'True blood', back on our screens for season 4 in just a few short days. Can't wait.

Honourable Mentions - sand between my toes, and in my shoes, and in the car, windswept hair, strawberry syrup on my 99, unexpected messages late at night, using crystal hi-ball glasses as pen holders, turquoise sweat pants and learning to enjoy running, persuading my little dog that running is good for him too, glitter nail polish, almond and coconut scones, Zumba

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love black tie events! and everyone loves a wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @joannade - thanks so much, TiLTs are my favourite type of post to write

    @Katie - I know, what a great reason to get all dressed up

    @Laura - delighted to see you online, and TB is my favourite show ever!

    ReplyDelete