Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Audrey


I have a huge admiration for the work of Audrey Hepburn. Sabrina, Roman Holiday, Funny Face and, of course, Breakfast At Tiffany's. I came across several quotes from the wonderful woman herself and also some comments made by peers and co-stars.

- "Let's face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me."

- "The best thing to hold on to in life is each other."

- "Look, whenever I hear or read I'm beautiful, I simply don't understand it . . . I'm certainly not beautiful in any conventional way. I didn't make my career on beauty."

- "I never think of myself as an icon. What is in other people's mind is not in my mind. I just do my thing."

- "I don't want to be alone, I want to be left alone."

- Cynthia Rowley: "She was the first to make something that's not sexy, sexy."

- The New York Times: "Thanks to their first glimpse of Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday, half a generation of young females stopped stuffing their bras and teetering on stiletto heels."

- Isaac Mizrahi: "One got a sense that Audrey Hepburn didn't know how beautiful she was. There was never another movie star like her."

These quotes from, and about, Ms. Hepburn were found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment