Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Finally, snow!



I had kinda given up on seeing a proper fall of snow in Limerick this year but lo and behold, when I pulled up the blinds this morning I was greeted with a 3" blanket covering the city.

YEA! And the cherry on top is that most of the rest of the country didn't get as much as we did.

For the entire winter everyone else got snow around Ireland... we had calls from friends in Dublin who got 'snow days' and texts from Tipperary saying that they didn't think they would be able to drive to work, and now it is finally our turn.

If you would like to see a much prettier picture of what the snow looked like in the city last night check out this post from Ruth over at Nice Day Designs

5 comments:

  1. Yey snow, although looking out my window now it's only on the rooftops. I'm glad I caught it last night. Thanks for the link by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that's weird I left a comment on this post this morning and it has run away.

    Anyway...

    So glad I saw the snow last night before it all disappeared, it was so very pretty. Thanks for the link too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doh....now I can see it. Just chalk me down as a mental case and move swiftly away

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for helping with my house Maggie! I've never been ,but know Ireland is beautiful. I think we finally are finished with snow here in TN. I'm glad though, this old house is chilly! I'm ready for spring flowers, bluebirds and robins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't it PRETTY!? Love snow, it's the nicest weather-related treat.

    ReplyDelete