Sunday, July 10, 2011

Classical Beauty


One of my favourite pieces of music is Gabriel's Oboe. I first heard this piece while watching The Mission and quickly became besotted with it. My preference is for it to be played on the flute though. 


It reminds me of a great night with some friends, sitting around a fire pit, cajoling and threatening in order to get one of the girls to bring out her flute and play something. Finally she relented and agreed to play just one song... I requested Gabriel's Oboe, and it was beautiful. Staring into the firelight, hearing nothing but those beautiful notes, not another sound around us, my arms covered with goosebumps that had nothing to do with the cool night air. Perfect.

Is there a piece of music that gives you chills? Something that you instantly fell in love with?

No comments:

Post a Comment