Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wedding Day Inspiration

Some of you already know that I work part-time at a bakery, and any of you who follow me on Pinterest will have spotted my Cake Love board where I keep all my inspiration for the kitchen. Since I have two sets of friends getting married in the coming days I thought that I could share some of my favourite wedding cakes with you. 


As you can clearly see I have a fondness for clean lines and classically decorated cakes - no novelty or topsy turvy cakes for me.

What's your favourite type of wedding cake? Do you like to keep it simple or would you rather a cake full of personality? I'd love to hear your thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. I love these!!
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zqamJujNWB8/TcsdnWrg0SI/AAAAAAAAAMc/1NU72wMnNFI/s1600/wbmar10_cookie_500x500.jpg
    mini cakes for life!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sara-Mariaaa - they are adorable. would be perfect as a wedding favour

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - such gorgeous cakes. Surely they look too good to eat though? :p

    xx

    http://aprilialove.com

    Don't forget to enter my giveaway where you can win a $75 Shopbop voucher here:

    http://aprilialove.com/2011/07/win-a-75-shopbop-voucher/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all these. Wish I had been more picky with our cake maker. The cake he produced was nothing like the pictures I gave him. He didn't even get the flavours right. Love your picks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Aoife - I loved your cake. I thought it had a really clean and classic look and it tasted great too. I even brought home a piece for my mum.

    ReplyDelete